Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Craft A Week: Week 22 - Zucchini Cookies

I was in the Café at work and there were two huge ball shaped Zucchini's up for grabs.  I wasn't sure what to make with one, but I took one home anyway.
 The first recipe I made, or tried to make, was Zucchini Fritters. 
http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/02/zucchini-fritters/
Chef Hubby told me I should wait for him and we would make them together (meaning he would make them using his own recipe), but I wanted to play!  So I made them anyway.  I followed the tutorial on the website, starting with grating the big zucchini ball.
I let it sit in the colander to drain for about 10 minutes, but did not have a dish cloth to get them completely dry.  That's where I made my mistake.
Next I mixed in the other ingredients, scooped a glob out and plopped it on to the hot skillet.  I flattened them down, flipped 'em over, and tried to serve them to the kids.
Blake was the first to try one.  In fact he was hovering over the stove with me while I made them.  He pretended that they were amazing and crispy.  Chase was next, he barely ate the smallest piece of crispy edge and smiled and made an "mmmm" sound, but his face told me otherwise.  I ate one, it wasn't crispy enough, but I could tell I would love them if I had drained the zucchini right.
 
The next recipe I tried was the Zucchini Cookies and I ROCKED 'EM!
The recipe came from http://www.littlehouseliving.com/zucchini-cookie-recipe.html#_a5y_p=1595249 via Pinterest.  I followed it exactly as described,  First I mixed together the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.  Then I added in the grated zucchini.  Mix, mix, mix.  Then in goes the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.  Last stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop teaspoon-size blobs onto a cookie sheet (I didn't grease mine, I used parchment paper).  Bake at 350F degrees for 15 minutes or until just slightly brown. 
Take them out and place them on a cooling rack and watch the kids eat them faster than you can stack them up.  Hubby said they were delicious.  Chase and Blake pigged out on them all night.  Reed shoved two in his choppers at one time.  We even ate them at breakfast the next morning.  I am definitely making these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment