Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Craft A Week: Week 23 - Curtain Tie Back

Have you ever felt the more you work on something the more work it needs?  So I added the fabric covered Styrofoam board as a valence to my bathroom window.  Then I sewed a very pretty curtain for it.  Then it needed a curtain tie.  So now I've made a tie... and I feel like it needs something else... like a second curtain behind the first of just lace to cover that ugly window.  Ugh.  I can't win.  3 points window - 0 points me.

Anyway, I don't really have much of a tutorial of how I made this and I didn't take any "during" photos.  Mostly because I sat down with my three sons and my bin of beads and we all just started messing around.  I made and un-made a few versions before I settled on this one. 
 
I used one shell I bought at Michaels in a bag of shells, a shell and a rock I found on the beach at Bolinas, CA that just screamed "make me in to something".  Then I used some beads from my Grandpa's bead collection, all strung together using some jute twine. 

Now here is an ugly picture of it all mashed together:
I liked it better without the tie, but then I like the tie.  Also, the curtain was too long.  So... cut the curtain and get rid of the tie? or add a second lace curtain (the right size) behind the first curtain?

It's the project that never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment