Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

A Craft A Week: Week 21 - Chum Tube

Happy Father's Day!
Here's a Chum Tube!

I never thought I would say that in my life.
So I'm not even sure how I found it, but I saw this picture on Pinterest (insert smiley face here) and I followed the website to find out how to make one.

http://selfrelianceworkshop.com/2013/06/22/diy-fishing-gear-pvc-chum-tube.aspx
I read the instructions and figured I could pull it off.  Chase, Blake, Reed and I went to Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) and looked around.  I realized I didn't have the tools or patience to do it, but I found this!  It's a Deep Drip Tree Watering Stake!  It already has holes and a top that comes off.
http://www.deepdrip.com/
We searched around for what we could use to attach the line to the tube.  Looking at the picture from the tutorial we found a key clip and key cable ring (similar to the pictures below).
Here are pictures of our finished gift!





I think it turned out AWESOME!  It might have been more expensive than the one in the tutorial, but it was easier for a mom with 3 kids and no knowledge of power tools to make.  YAY!
 
Hubby loved it and is looking forward to using it!
The kids and I could barely wait to give it to him, we were so excited with it.  What do you think?  We haven't used it yet so I don't know yet how it will work.  Any fisher-peeps out there with some ideas?
 
Take care!
Momma Lady Beetle 

No comments:

Post a Comment