Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Craft A Week: Week 25 - Candy Sushi

Last weekend we had a very important celebration.  Our local family and friends came together to celebrate our son Blake's victory of being cancer free for a whole year!  He is very shy about it, some people have made him feel exploited, and he didn't want us to make it a big deal so we tried making it look more like a summer BBQ.
Look at him!  He looks amazing!  I love you Blake!

So the food for the party was Asian Cuisine.  Hubby made amazing food as usual and I pigged out as usual. 

My contribution and Craft for the Week was the dessert.  I made candy sushi!  Here is a picture of my inspiration:
http://www.lhj.com/recipes/dessert/other/cool-crazy-rice-krispies-treats-recipes/?page=9
Step ONE: Go to the store to buy Rice Krispies cereal, marshmallows, butter, Swedish Fish, and Fruit by the Foot.  I was not able to find green Fruit Rollups or anything similar so I just selected the best one and went home.

Step TWO: Make Rice Krispie Treats: http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/the-original-treats

Step THREE: Roll out half the treat mixture to form tube's for the Sushi Rolls.  The rest of the treat mixture will become the Nigiri Sushi: a Swedish Fish atop an oblong, compacted mound of Rice Krispie Treats.
Step FOUR: Once your Taste-Tester gives the sign the mixture is not poisoned, beg for assistance from anyone that is capable.  I begged my Mother-In-Law and Sister-In-Law to help me.  We cut the tubes in to little sections, wrapped the Fruit by the Foot around each one, and stuffed part of a Swedish Fish inside.  This was very sticky.  Then create the Nigiri.  This part was easier.  Clump some treat mixture big enough for a whole Swedish Fish to lay on top and then wrap a little section of Fruit by the Foot around it.

During the making process:
 
Plated for our party and already half gone.  Blake loved them!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment