Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Craft A Week: Week 26 - Dream Catcher

 
Last week Wednesday I was walking around my backyard with Reed and I found a feather from our friend "Blue Bird".  Then another, and another!  It made me think of the SurpriseRide Blake recently received to make a dream catcher.  I started to look for some interesting twigs that I'd be able to bend into a circle.  Walking in and around the chicken coop I found a few nice feathers from our girls.  I brought my findings inside to soak and be cleaned.
 
Later that night we all sat down to experiment.   I pulled all the twigs from soaking in the water and started binding them together with some aqua twine I had in my craft stash.
Blake started in on making his tribal drum and dream catcher.  Chase already has a dream catcher in his room that he got from our sweet older neighbor as a THANK YOU to Chase for always helping him take down his trash cans on trash pick up day.  He decided to make a different craft instead.  Reed was playing with all the extra pieces that I wasn't using.
 
Friday night I attached one of my Grandma's (my dad's mom) doilies.

I also planned out how I was going to attach the feathers from "Blue Bird" and our Chickens.  I dug out my bead bin as well and incorporated some of my Grandpa's (my dad's dad) beads to the design too.
 
I strung the feathers using knots and a glue gun, slid on some beads, added knots and more beads.  This is what it looked like at the end of the night:
 
 
 
It needs more.
The following Monday I went to three thrift stores and JoAnn Fabrics and found some pretty ribbons and lace:
Hubby had a good suggestion to add something aqua in the doily.  I like the idea, but I haven't found anything yet.  My dream catcher is hanging in our Master Bedroom and my dreams are sweet :)
 
 
I have ideas to make one for Reed's room using yarn and beads and bright colors, I had an idea to make one with shells and one with spoons and then a really different one for a library that I don't want to share A) because it could be unbelievably awesome or B) it could be a horror show.
 
Leave me comments!  I love hearing from you!
 
Love, Jenni


No comments:

Post a Comment